domingo, 26 de julho de 2009

O Lucas nasceu!!!

Bom dia pessoal,

estou aqui para dar a melhor de todas as notícias: nosso Lucas Brooks nasceu, e tanto o baby quanto a mummy passam bem na Austrália.



Nosso pequeno nasceu às 2:59 pm do dia 24 de julho de 2009. O Lucas esa 4.055 kilos e tem 52cm de comprimento. É um super baby!

Como acabei de receber as notícias do Simon sobre como foi o parto, vou colocar um trechinho para que vocês saibam como a Marina foi forte, e mesmo depois de 15 horas de trabalho de parto, reuniu todas as forças para segurar o pequeno Lucas!



PARABÉNS FAMÍLIA BROOKS! MUITA SAÚDE, PAZ, ALEGRIA
E AMOR NA VIDA DE VOCÊS!

"Hi Giane

In case you haven't yet heard from Juares or Vania, Lucas has arrived!
Meu filho nasceu!!

Lucas Brooks was born at 2.59pm on 24 July 2009. He weighed 4.055 kilos and was 52cm long. He is definitely a big baby! I have attached some photos for you.

The obstetrician induced Marina's labour at around 4.30pm on 23 July. I stayed with her until 9pm until the midwife sent me home. Then about an hour and a half later, her waters broke. I was a little annoyed that I wasn't able to be there to help her. Apparently the midwife on duty was being quite rude, telling her to stop panicking and that she should just go back to bed. Then fluid went everywhere and they all realised they needed to get her down to the birthing suite straight away. Marina called me from her mobile and I arrived by 11.30pm.

When the labour is induced, the contractions can be stronger than normal, and I think Marina felt this straight away. She asked for an epidural, which made her a bit more comfortable. I was stressing out the whole time. I've never seen someone suffer so much, let alone the woman I love, so it was very distressing for me to see her go through this. And for 2 hours the epidural failed. That was the worst. She basically had to handle it all with no pain relief until an anesthetist arrived to fix the problem. I was so annoyed that it took so long, but couldn't do anything but stroke her hair, reassure her, and help the midwife to change her position every 10 minutes or so.

Her labour went for nearly 15 hours until at around 1.45pm on 24 July, when the obstetrician decided that, even though Marina's cervix and fully dilated, the baby had not decended far enough and he recommended that she have a caesarean section. I think she was a little bit disappointed that she had come so far and couldn't have Lucas naturally, but she realised this was the safest option for her and the baby. Apparently the baby's decent was obstructed because he was in a 'posterior lie' position with his back turned towards Marina's back. This meant his chin was not tucked into his chest, which needs to happen so that the smallest part of his head can enter the birth canal.

The operation was so scary, for both of us. Marina was so brave. I am extremely proud of her, but that's as much as I can say about that, because it was all a blur. I just remember telling Marina it was going to be alright and stroking her hair - then the next thing I could hear a baby crying and one of the nurses started taking photos. We couldn't see because we were behind a curtain. Then all of a sudden he was there, screaming his head off. I went over to see him and a nurse asked me to cut the umbilical cord. I suddenly became so emotional and could feel tears welling up in my eyes. Not very common for me! I took a fe photos and then after we weighed him I took him over to meet his mother.

I knew she was still going through the operation, so meeting Lucas was a good distraction for her. It was at least another half an hour before she was wheeled out of the operating theatre, very groggy and sore. It's now been about 30 hours since the caesarean section and Marina is slowly coming back to normal. She has managed to get up a walk a little bit, so I took her for a shower and washed her hair at about midday today. She's still sleeping a lot becase she is taking a lot of pain killers, but she did manage to breastfeed today and walked with me to the parents room where we were shown how to bathe Lucas and I changed his nappy (diaper).

While I type this, Marly is looking after Lucas. He's just had a feed and both he and Marina are sleeping. I will sign off so I can check on them both before I prepare to go home to bed.

Tchau querida!

Bjs
Simon"

5 comentários:

  1. Parabens Familia!!!
    Vocês formam uma familia linda!!!
    a vó aqui de floripa ta feliz da vida heim Marina!!!
    bjão grande pra vcs... muita saúde e alegria!!
    Fiquem com deus e com os anjos...
    de seus amigos, Michelle, Lurdinha e Zezinho!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Parabéns queridos!
    Desejamos que seu lar seja ainda mais repleto de aleria, paz, luz e felicidades.
    Mandem mais fotos, quando tiverem um tempinho!
    Mesmo de longe, queremos acompanhar o desenvolvimento e o crescimento do Lucas!
    Mil beijos!
    Lu e Renato

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Estou aqui acompanhando a chegada deste garotão ao mundo e fiquei muito feliz com a notícia!
    Parabéns aos pais por este maravilhoso presente!
    Saúde e uma vida repleta de felicidades ao Lucas!
    Beijão
    Alex :-)

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Meus queridosssssss,
    Não tenho palavras para descrever a emoção de olhar para essa vida que o amor de vocês originou e que veio ao mundo tão lindo e saudável (Graças à garra e coragem da mamãe e ao apoio incondicional do papai)!!!!
    Sou, oficialmente, uma tia babona!!!! Que felicidadeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! :o))))))))
    WELCOME TO THE WORLD, LUCAS!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!

    ResponderExcluir
  5. Tô sem palavras!!

    Fiquei muitoo feliz! Não parava de pular de felicidade quando fiquei sabendo que o Lucas tinha nascido e que minha linda estava bem.
    Imagina como fiquei ao ver essas fotos.
    Ai que loucura!

    Parabéns família Brooks!
    Que vitória mais bigg e lindaa!!!
    Ahhh \õ/\õ/\õ/\õ/
    Estou louca pra poder estar com vocês 3.
    :S

    Beijossss com muitoo carinho!!!!
    Muita Luz pro Lucas que é a cara do papai :B
    hehe ;)

    ResponderExcluir